GARETH COOKE – Partner
I began my property career at Reeds Rains in Abergele over 15 years ago. It was there, and later at Beresford Adams in Rhyl, Denbigh and Abergele as an interim Sales Manager, that I gained a thorough foundation in the industry, allowing me to move and work in the UKs most demanding and fast paced property market, London.
Following a 10 year real estate and legal career in the capital, during which time I successfully acted for, dealt with and specialised in the following:
• Bought and sold complex leasehold properties
• Property finding for developers and investors
• Provided seminars for estate agents enabling them to streamline their sales chasing and general business.
• Advised high net worth individuals with a their property dealing and investment
• Managed sales departments for London estate agents
• Run marketing department for property law firm
• Managed team of lawyers in for a City law firm
• Provided legal representation for on shore and off shore property investment organisations
• Bought, developed, let and sold my own London properties
• Acted and advised a large number of regular and repeat clients from property acquisition through design and presentation to successful sale on the open market.
Given that still 30% of properties fall through in between acceptance of offer and exchange of contracts it is McCoubrey Cooke’s mission to reduce this statistic by ensuring that detailed legal investigation is carried out by Gareth as soon as a property is brought to the market resulting in no unforeseen legal issues which delay almost all transactions.
As a proud Welshman and Welsh speaker it was always my intention to raise my family in my beloved Abergele and to ensure my children are educated, as I was, through the medium of Welsh. I am delighted to be back where my property career began and look forward to providing a professional, friendly and efficient service to the people of Abergele and it’s surrounding areas.
CHARLIE MCCOUBREY – Partner
Originally from Bangor, Northern Ireland I moved to North Wales in 1990 and spent 22 enjoyable years working as a Dentist in Elwy Dental practice in Rhyl. Unfortunately due to ongoing wrist problems I was no longer able to practice Clinical Dentistry and was forced to retire in 2012.
I have always been involved in property and have over several years built up a small portfolio of Buy to lets, Holiday lets and development properties. While I enjoyed the day to day running of the properties, I very much missed the public interaction and the satisfaction obtained from helping people solve their problems.
Having had considerable experience in arranging mortgages for my own properties I decided to take the professional CeMap exams required to become a Mortgage and Protection advisor and have also completed the professional exams required to become a full member of the highly respected National Association of Estate Agents.
David Jones – Sales Negotiator
I joined the business in 2014 after completing a Business & Management Studies degree at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Having been brought up in Abergele for 20 years of my life, I was delighted to be able to get employment in my home town, and have been able to use my skills and knowledge to be able to help grow the business. While dealing with all aspects of Estate Agency, I have a particular responsibility with the lettings side of the business. This requires me to keep up to date with the ever changing legislation involved in letting properties, in order to ensure all our landlords are fully legally compliant.
Being from Abergele, I feel this gives me the opportunity to really sell the area as I have a broad local knowledge which proves invaluable in both selling and renting properties in the local area.
Outside of work, I am a keen sportsman and currently captain for Abergele F.C.
Tomos Coathup – Sales Negotiator
I joined McCoubrey Cooke in 2014 having worked as a manager in a major fast food chain for 6 years. The experience of working in a fast moving and demanding environment has taught me the importance of delivering outstanding customer service.
While dealing with all aspects of estate agency my main role within the business is to oversee the post sales completions. This involves liaising with vendors, buyers and their solicitors on a daily basis, in order to insure that all transactions complete in a timely fashion therefore minimising stress for buyers and vendors alike.
Having been born and raised in Abergele, I feel that my local knowledge is a great advantage in selling the town and its surrounding areas to potential buyers.
Outside of work I enjoy all sports but particularly enjoy playing rugby for Abergele RFC.
* There are other products available designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime, and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK.