I began my property career at Reeds Rains in Abergele over 15 years ago. It was there, and later at Beresford Adams in Rhyl, Denbigh and Abergele as an interim Sales Manager, that I gained a thorough foundation in the industry, allowing me to move and work in the UKs most demanding and fast paced property market, London.
Following a 10 year real estate and legal career in the capital, during which time I successfully acted for, dealt with and specialised in the following:
• Bought and sold complex leasehold properties
• Property finding for developers and investors
• Provided seminars for estate agents enabling them to streamline their sales chasing and general business.
• Advised high net worth individuals with a their property dealing and investment
• Managed sales departments for London estate agents
• Run marketing department for property law firm
• Managed team of lawyers in for a City law firm
• Provided legal representation for on shore and off shore property investment organisations
• Bought, developed, let and sold my own London properties
• Acted and advised a large number of regular and repeat clients from property acquisition through design and presentation to successful sale on the open market.
Given that still 30% of properties fall through in between acceptance of offer and exchange of contracts it is McCoubrey Cooke’s mission to reduce this statistic by ensuring that detailed legal investigation is carried out by Gareth as soon as a property is brought to the market resulting in no unforeseen legal issues which delay almost all transactions.
As a proud Welshman and Welsh speaker it was always my intention to raise my family in my beloved Abergele and to ensure my children are educated, as I was, through the medium of Welsh. I am delighted to be back where my property career began and look forward to providing a professional, friendly and efficient service to the people of Abergele and it’s surrounding areas.
Ben Pamment – Sales Negotiator
I joined the McCoubrey Cooke team in June 2017. Having been brought up in Abergele for 25 years of my life, I strongly believe it’s the greatest town in North Wales. I was delighted to be able to gain employment in my home town, and have been able to use my skills and knowledge to be able to help grow the business. While dealing with all aspects of Estate Agency, I have a particular responsibility with the lettings side of the business. This requires me to keep up to date with the ever changing legislation involved in letting properties, in order to ensure all our landlords are fully legally compliant.
Being from Abergele, I feel this gives me the opportunity to really sell the area as I have a broad local knowledge which proves invaluable in both selling and renting properties in the local area.
I met my fiancé Olivia, February 2016. We had known each other for a number of years and one day we decided to give things a go. Lucky enough for her she’s stuck with me for life.
I manage a portfolio of 7 family properties which made me realise my passion for the industry. I approached Charles and Gareth about a potential job opportunity managing the rental department at McCoubrey Cooke and I’m fortunate enough now to be in the position I am.
Outside of work, I am also a Retained Firefighter in Abergele which I love doing. I have a passion for helping people and looking after the community.
During my younger days I spent 12 months in Australia, as well working in New Jersey USA for 3 years.
My weekends very much involve working, playing football for Kinmel Bay FC (formerly known as Abergele Town), being on call with the Fire Service and spending time with Olivia, friends & family.